Wednesday, November 22, 2017

"Christmas Jukebox": a new Alexa skill

I've created another Alexa skill: "Christmas Jukebox". This free skill plays some Christmas songs.

You can try it out using an Alexa device (such as a phone using the Amazon Shopping app for Android or iOS, or using a dedicated Echo device [Echo, Echo Dot, etc.]), say something like "Alexa, open Christmas Jukebox". Unfortunately, I don't think the simulator website (https://echosim.io/) supports this skill.

If you want to hear another song, you can say "Alexa, play Next" to go to the next song (it seems to work best when issuing the "play next" command before the current song has completely ended).

I have about seven songs in the skill now. I hope to add more in the coming weeks.

If you like the Christmas Jukebox, please share it with your friends and rate the skill in the store. Please let me know if you have any comments or questions (you can comment below). I'd be happy to consider song requests, but due to copyright concerns (I don't know what it'd take to get permission to use copyrighted song), I'll only be adding songs which are in the public domain (such as songs published before 1923).


See also a related post about my last Alexa skill: https://olioengr.blogspot.com/2017/10/how-to-try-bible-people-in-6-easy-steps.html

No comments:

Post a Comment