Thursday, January 1, 2009

What is an "Olio Engineer"?

I decided to call my new blog "Olio Engineer".

By Olio, I mean "hodgepodge" or "mixture" (I don't mean any kind of "song/dance" or anything with chick-peas). This blog will likely contain a mix or various topics. I've always had various unrelated hobbies. One post might be about the Bible. The next post might be about politics. The next post might be about my wife and son. Or geography or music.

By Engineer, I don't just refer to my college degree and my profession. Being an engineer is part of who I am. I enjoy optimizing. I like to tinker. I'll take something apart just to see if I can reassemble it. I pay attention to details, and small things sometimes mean much to me. I probably won't write many long post (or post very often) because I try to choose my words carefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment